Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's not Smurfette...it's Jack!!

So when I was 7...many moons ago...mt dear Momma let me have a birthday party. I remember a neighbor boy named Jimmy, I think, a friend named Heather Crow (how can I remember her name but forget where I put my wallet?) and some other kid all at my aunt Lisa's house. The highlight was the cake...It was SMURFETTE!!! I even got a smurf sleeping bag ladies and gents! That's the one themed birthday I remeber ever having in my life time. Well my awesome hubby surprised me for my birthday this year. The older 2 kids had parent teacher conferrences scheduled at their school that day. I had to meet with 9 different teachers in 2 hours. Well, when I left my sweetie pie was frosting a cake with white. I thought that was sweet and thoughtful. When I arrived home though I found this.....

In case you can't tell..here's the cake....


I had a Halloween birthday with my very own Jack Skellington cake!!! Did I tell you how awesome my hubby is??? He's a plumber as of late, an artist, and a cake decorator :)

I got some pretty cool gifts from the dad and the kiddos...a Sally plush, a mini Jack and Sally, a Jack and Sally figurine, a Jack night shirt AND the new CD from The Nightmare Before Christmas. So that was the highlight of my month and I think Halloween is now one of my favorite holidays!

Some of you may still be asking "What's a Smurf?" Well, I tried to upload a pic of one and it did not work..So go google it :) or find a cartoon on You Tube (it's not like I remember).

No comments: